2018 – Swiss Transnational ParticipaTIC Meeting

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On October 11 & 12, 2018 the partners of ParticipaTIC met in Geneva in the premises of the Clairbois Foundation. They were welcome by The Director General Mr Pierre Coucourde and Mr Sylvain Romagny the Director of the Minoteries Clairbois foundation Centre. This Swiss seminar was the occasion to make progress on several key points, bearing in mind the date for finalizing the platform’s content rapidly draws ever closer….

 

 

 

Since the last meeting….

 

A degree of uniformity between the structure of the modules is being introduced. This will allow the learners to find their way around the platform with greater ease. User tests have been carried out by LOUSTIC and a summary of results has been prepared. In parallel other user tests have been carried out by different project partners. Lastly, a second phase of technical corrections have been finalized by our developer IT Login.

 

The methodological guide

 

In parallel with the platform, this guide represents a second major deliverable of the project. Agreement was reach to follow the ADDIE model (Analyse-Design-Development-Implementation–Evaluation) in order to describe the different phases with respect to the platform and the different training modules. Each dimension of the model will be treated in relation to different aspects: pedagogical, technical, financial, and stakeholders to be associated to the project. These will be treated concurrently.

 

The targeted audience for the guide is made up of ‘autorepresentatives’, representatives of disabled people, non-professionals from the training domain. It will be drafted in simple language, and will always attempt to be as accessible as possible, in both digital and paper versions; graphic design format will be proposed by the Head of Event Communication at the Catholic University of Lille.

 

Lastly the “Guide for accessibility” will split off from the Methodological Guide, as through its content, this could be useful and relevant for other projects beyond distant learning.

 

Dissemination Events

 

These will take place at the Human Sciences Centre in Saint-Denis, Paris area.  We very much regret to announce that the number of places for wheelchair users, will be somewhat limited. Unfortunately no other larger flat auditorium was available at the beginning of June for our chosen dates. Discussion has led to the following conclusions: a) The importance of ensuring that the project will be sustainable beyond the event of its launching. A pre-programme will be released and disseminated in early January 2019. In connection with the dissemination, a new version of our  ‘postcard’ to promote the event will be sent  out. This will soon be on our website!

 

 

The ParticipaTIC Platform

 

Last-minute improvements were made to the home page of the platform, the enrollment form and the platform itself. To facilitate use of the platform a minute-long video will appear on opening the home page participatic.org. In order to stimulate enrollments the video will put forward the idea that it is also possible to get training while receiving guidance from another.

 

In general the courses will be presented in simple easy-to-understand language. After discussion, agreement has been reached on the idea of introducing each module with a short summary of the training module contents to be found on the platform. Thus the following design configuration will be adopted: Introduction + Summary (overview) + Course + Conclusion.

 

It was agreed that all the partners should have finalized their module by the New Year thus allowing a full translation of the platform and its content in Romanian.

 

Follow us !

 

Logo du réseau social Linkedin Linked’in : https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8633531

Logo du réseau social Facebook Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ParticipaTic/

Logo du réseau social Twitter Twitter : https://twitter.com/Participa_TIC

2018 – Sixth Transnational ParticipaTIC Meeting M6

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the meeting of 7 & 8 June 2018 the consortium met in the premises of EHESP in Saint-Denis, Paris area and drew up an inventory of remaining work to accomplish to complete the finalized version of the multilingual platform including its translation in Romanian in the first three months of the year. This also includes the Methodological Guide.

 

 

The ParticipaTIC Platform

 

With respect to the interface following preliminary tests, a certain number of modifications were made. These include changes to contrasts in colour. A bar comprising different domains of accessibility was designed. On the bar one may find the following themes: “contrast” in yellow with a black background; options for  problems of reading/seeing “Listen”, and options to increase the font size of texts. The detailed working of these various accessibility options were fully described along with the impact on design of learning input.

 

In March 2018 a first series of tests in different countries highlighted a number of pedagogical and technical problems. Analysis of test results led to the introduction of a number of modifications and improvements to the platform. A second series of test was recently carried by the LOUSTIC and the results forthcoming by July will enable further more substantial modifications and improvements to be introduced.

 

As agreed, a series of tests were also carried out in different countries during the month of May.

A second series of tests is to be undertaken during the month of September 2018.  Each group is invited to test the different streams of accessibility and how they render the learning content more accessible. The test protocol is much more flexible, but each partner should fill in an online questionnaire so as to provide feedback for the October meeting.

 

The idea of competencies in Moodle

In Moodle a tree of competencies must be set up at the administrator level. The associated arborescence should be strictly respected with unambiguous and  precise labelling. The list of competences this drawn up allows the creation of learning pathways. An overview of defined  competencies was presented, however the links between ‘badges’, competencies and learning pathways still need to be clearly defined.

The different module working groups (2, 3 and 4) present the state of work in their modules. Each module should in fact be finished – that is, tested and finalised – for the Brussels meeting to be held on 13 & 14 December. Each group has also been encouraged to test their partner modules (videos, quiz, etc.).

 

Project Dissemination

We visited the auditorium of the Centre for Human Sciences. This where the dissemination events will occur. It has a capacity of some 300 places with 7 places for wheelchair users in front of the stage. There will also be a giant screen allowing the display of documents, web conferencing and the projection of simultaneous transcription for people with hearing difficulties/deaf people. Technical assistance will be provided.

A meeting to discuss the dissemination events took place at the Catholic University of Lille. Following this, preliminary drafts of the programme together with arguments to justify the different suggested sections and speakers, were sent to the partners.

We still have to choose a visual identity to be seen on the platform welcome page and on a paper-based “postcard” format which are the dissemination tools for the project. A first draft version, made by students from the Belgian training school HELB-IP- Art therapy section, was presented. Their proposal was globally approved with a few suggestions.

 

The accessibility guide and the methodological guide

The format and the content of these “guides” were discussed within the dedicated working group and modified as follows: the accessibility guide will be made of thematic technical sheet with summaries at the end of each part. The format and content of the methodological guide were discussed among partners. Focus is to be made on pragmatic topics and based on our live experience in the project. The ADDIE model (Analyse-Design-Development-Implementation–Evaluation) was proposed as a structure for this guide.

 

Follow us !

 

Logo du réseau social Linkedin Linked’in : https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8633531

Logo du réseau social Facebook Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ParticipaTic/

Logo du réseau social Twitter Twitter : https://twitter.com/Participa_TIC

Presentation of ParticipaTIC to the Disabled People Organization (DPO), the « Collectif Handicap 35 »

On 3rd April 2018, the Disabled People Organization (DPO), the « Collectif Handicap 35 » had its annual general meeting in Rennes.

The working group dedicated to ParticipaTIC :

-Explained the progress of the project

-Explained its involvement in the project

-Shared the difficulties the partners has faced during the project.

Picture of the general assembly of the organization named Collectif Handicap 35

The members are more and more interested in the project : many of them wish to test the training Platform.

2017 – Fifth transnational ParticipaTIC meeting M5

 

 

 

 

 

 

On 2 and 3 October, at the Paris site of the EHESP School of Public Health, the partners discussed issues and the state of progress of the project. The first good news was that we remain on schedule in spite of having encountered difficulties in logistics in relation to the technical development of the platform.

Technical points related to the platform

Eric France (IT Login), who has been commissioned to work on the development of the functional specifications, presented the version « primo » of the Platform. The Platform Moodle, that will be used to create the training modules in the project, allows to complement face-to-face courses and also self-training. The « Primo » version allows the partners to work on the implementation of their modules. In parallel, IT Login has developed a « Bêta » version that will be loaded with the contents of the « Primo » version and will provide different accessibility options so to progressively allow us to reach the expected outcomes. Julien Torrent (ASA-HM) is the project manager in relation to Accessibility specifications of the platform.

A simulation of a course with the highly useful tools and resources was presented. This aims to offer partners practical examples of training activities

Teaching scenarios in the modules

Each working group (« Understanding disability and introducing others to understand disability », « Improving leadership skills for representatives of DPOs’», « UN Convention for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities », « Assessment Tools ») made a 15 minute presentation of the work they had undertaken on their training theme.

General issues dealt with the progression process of the learners, the sign-in procedures, the collaborative dimension of the platform, how the contents will be updated, the preparation of the ECTS, the implementation of a speech synthesizer and the degree of accessibility to be reached.

Finally, the partners discussed how links need to be developed between the 4 modules.

The next workshop in November 2O17 will aim at:

  • Providing  a very detailed teaching scenario and a clear and short general summary of each module
  • Providing the list of all the courses developed in each module with a summary of their content
  • Fully developing one course, with all the necessary functionalities, in order to allow the developer to analyze the potential problems and to find solutions when working on the « bêta » version.

Dissemination events

Three dissemination events will be held in June 2019. All the partners wish to have at their disposal a convenient venue which is fully accessible, including the breaks and the buffet.

A small working group (initially planned organizers: UCL, HELB, Gravir, EHESP) will meet on 4 May in Lille to work on these events.

The project ParticipaTIC is on the social networks :

LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8633531

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ParticipaTic/

Twitter : https://twitter.com/Participa_TIC

Please Follow us!

2017 – Fourth transnational ParticipaTIC meeting M4

 

 

 

 

 

 

During the fourth transnational meeting, on 30 and 31 May 2017, significant progress on several key issues was made.

First, we discussed the template Version 1 proposed for the collaborative platform. This will be the basis for a reference document about the functional specifications. This will help in guiding our choice for an external IT developer for the platform.

It is important to recall that learners will have an opportunity to add resources and content to the upcoming platform.

The participants are seated, while listening to the coordinator.

Update on the learning modules

Each module in progress was presented and discussed so as to improve consistency and how this is to be taken into account between the different modules. Each group took good notes of the remarks formulated. The groups and the corresponding modules are as follows:

  1. Group « Understanding disability and introducing others to key concepts of disability » (HELB, EHESP, ASA-HM)
    The group working on the introduction
  2. Group « Improving leadership skills for representatives of DPOs’ » (UCL, CH35, EHESP)
  3. Group « UN Convention for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities » (ASA-HM, UCL, SSEO)
    The group working on the ONU convention.
  4. Group « Tools for assessing public policies’ impact» (Gravir, IFPEK, HELHa)
    The group working on the assessment tools

Update on the methodological guide

A first draft structure was proposed for the methodological guide. This guide aims at helping others who may also wish to design similar collaborative and accessible digital learning spaces. Both teaching and technical dimensions should figure in it.

Update of the working group about Accessibility

The group presented the fourth version of the « Accessibility Guide ». Feedback from members of the Collectif Handicap 35 and a representative of Handicap International had been requested. Feedback was very positive. This guide aims to be comprehensive but also accessible and not over-technical. The final version of the complete guide will be disseminated broadly in June 2019, at the same time as the official launch of the Platform ParticipaTIC.

A schema used during the debates

2017 – Third ParticipaTIC transnational meeting M3

 

 

 

 

 

 

During the consortium meeting held on 27 and 28 March 2017 at the EHESP School of Public Health in Rennes, several key points were discussed by the project partners.

Technical issues pertaining to the Platform ParticipaTIC

We reviewed the parameters for the technical implementation of the Platform. Some appeared to be more complex than expected when we submitted the project.

Hence we carried out a re-estimation of human and technical means required with view to reducing delays in the work package schedule. We also programmed a meeting with the Director of the EHESP School of Public Health to raise these issues during the following consortium meeting.

Some participants during the meeting

First draft for the scenarios of the learning modules.

Each working group presented their module, based on a 2-hour training model scenario. Thanks to Aline Polge expertise in ICT (Information and Communication Technology) and multimedia development (CaPp, EHESP), each group received feedback on the feasability and viability of their module.

  • Group « Understanding disability and introducing others to key concepts of disability » (HELB, EHESP, ASA-HM)

This module aims at training and developing expertise in disability. This involves both mastering the concept of disability as an evolving process and the adoption of a systemic approach, founded on the social participation of persons with disabilities. It comprises 9 sections. Following discussion the importance of learning about the Independent Living Movement’s historical background, its progression and real impact on society was highlighted. A « serious game » approach will be adopted within this module.

  • Group « Improving leadership skills for representatives of DPOs’ » (UCL, CH35, EHESP)

This module aims at allowing learners to discover and think about what is involved in being a DPO leader or representative. This draws on real-life experience and case studies. It contains 5 sections. The scope and goals of the module are currently undergoing review since much new ground is being covered in the module.

  • Group « UN Convention for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities » (ASA-HM, UCL, SSEO)

This module aims at raising awareness among learners, clarifying, teaching and allowing them to comprehend the UN Convention for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). It is based on a thematic approach. Discussions highlighted the importance of explaining how and why has the UN Convention been issued. This module may be further divided into 2 main parts, an introductory module and a more advanced module.

The group working on evaluation tools

  • Group « Assessment tools » (Gravir, IFPEK, HELHa)

This module aims at raising awareness of the importance of assessing access to services and infrastructure. It is based on a video and role-playing so the learners can question, collaborate, understand and analyse a health care access plan and find solutions. It is made of 20 sections so as to illustrate the 6 components of the quality of access to services and infrastructure, namely availability, spatial and physical accessibility, acceptability, affordability, usability, and accommodation.

After the presentation of the modules by, each working group it has become evident that greater attention needs to be to made to fixing module priorities, goals, subjects to be tackled, together with how the different modules relate to each other. The different working groups will pay particular attention to these issues.

Working group on Accessibility

This group is currently writing a « Guide on Accessibility », incorporating to the greatest extent an Easy-to- Read approach, with entries based on activities and not on impairment types. The section on Moodle Accessibility is pending. A checklist with the main accessibility principles will be circulated during the next meeting in May (M4). The group has also requested feedback on the Guide from the different partners, before its editing and reviewing by members of the Collectif Handicap 35.

Working group on Dissemination

The group presented the design choices made for the launch of the project’s promotion website. The process for organizing the translations of project news in Romanian, English and French Easy-To-Read was also outlined. Several issues were raised in relation to the project, accessibility and communication flow.

2017 – Second ParticipaTIC Transnational Meeting – M2

 

 

 

 

 

 

Partnership :

France : Collectif Handicap 35
Roumanie : SSEO Technical Assistance srl
Belgique : GRAVIR asbl
France : Handicap International
Belgique : Haute École Libre de Bruxelles Ilya Prigogine
Belgique : Haute École Louvain en Hainaut
France : Institut de Formation en Pédicurie – Podologie, Ergothérapie et Masso- kinésithérapie

 

France : Université Catholique de Lille (Fédération Universitaire et Polytechnique de Lille)
France (Coordinateur du projet) : École des Hautes Études en Santé Publique
Suisse : ASA-Handicap mental, avec le soutien financier de movetia (subvention Confédération suisse)

 

 

The 2nd transnational meeting of the project ParticipaTIC was held on 17 January 2017, at the EHESP, in Saint-Denis (Ile de France Region).

In December, several representatives of Disability Persons Organisations in the four countries of the partnership (Belgium, France, Romania, Switzerland) have been interviewed about their training needs: the results have been presented and discussed.  A finalized summary version of the results will be distributed to people who participated in the interviews.

Some notes written on a paperboard.

Two tasks are now our first priorities :

  • First, based on the results of the interviews, we will categorise and organise a selection of training themes and skills that will be made available on the collaborative Platform. The first selected themes are : understanding the concept of disability ; the representative function ; the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disbabilities ; tools and methodologies for assessing people’s needs and public policies.
  • Second, the work will be divided so to have 4 working groups made of several partners to work on each theme and develop learning modules.

For the next meeting in March 2017, each group will work on first teaching scenarios.

2016 – Launch meeting

 

Partnership :

France : Collectif Handicap 35
Roumanie : SSEO Technical Assistance srl
Belgique : GRAVIR asbl
France : Handicap International
Belgique : Haute École Libre de Bruxelles Ilya Prigogine
Belgique : Haute École Louvain en Hainaut
France : Institut de Formation en Pédicurie – Podologie, Ergothérapie et Masso- kinésithérapie

 

France : Université Catholique de Lille (Fédération Universitaire et Polytechnique de Lille)
France (Coordinateur du projet) : École des Hautes Études en Santé Publique
Suisse : ASA-Handicap mental, avec le soutien financier de movetia (subvention Confédération suisse)

 

 

The launch transnational meeting was held on 1 and 2 Septembre, at the EHESP, in Rennes (Brittany Region).

This meeting allowed all the partners to organise the tasks to be accomplished during the six coming months. The dissemination plan was approved.

What we discussed

The main discussions dealt with :

  • First, the method to be used to collect more thoroughly the needs, expectations, difficulties, advantages that persons with disabilities have when being representative for the others. A timeframe was approved.
  • Second, an organisation for the partnership functioning and for the budget monitoring were chosen.
  • Third,  the group discussed with the Centre d’Appui à la Pédagogie (CApP) / teaching support team of the EHESP so to prepare a training session about the Information and Communication Technologies in Education that will be held in November, December and January.
  • Fourth, the group discussed about the content to be prepared for this website that will promote the project.
  • And lastly, discussions were held with LOUSTIC, a research team with expertise on ICT in Education, that will assess the first version of the platform in collaboration with users.

Our next meeting will be held on 24 and 25 November and will be dedicated to the first two days of the training session about ICT for Education, prepared by the CapP of the EHESP.

Enregistrer

Enregistrer